Image for representational purpose only (Photo courtesy: REUTERS/Kieran Doherty)
From packaging summer friendly cloths, to grind up light bites, there are many critical things to bear in mind while planning a trip in summertime, state specialists.
Nivedita Dadu, dermatologist from Skinology Skin and Hair Clinic, and Anubha Singh, gynecologist and IVF expert from Shantah IVF Centre, list down some points. .
1. Go easy with clothes: If you are planning a vacation during the hot months, go easy with what you wear. Pack a lot of cottons such as comfy pants, loose tops and a light pair of sneakers to combat the warmth out. Don’t forget your sunglasses for eyes shade, constantly wear hat when stepping outside in the daytime and sun block skin at any price.
2. Skip street foods: Street food is always excellent but in summertime, please bypass the fatty and fried items because it will cause dehydration and gastroenteritis. Rather, attempt to munch on trendy, watery foods like cucumber and watermelon through the day. These will help you stay comfy too.
3. Medicines are significant too: Do not forget to take some emergency drugs like anti-emetics, anti-motility medications and a couple of packs of oral rehydration powder. You can also pack some acidity relief tablets for emergency.
4. Cary your preferred pillow with you to support your back if you are travelling by car, bus or aircraft.
5. Have a break often. Do stop for toilet breaks, so do light stretching in between so that you won’t feel tired.
6. If you are pregnant, it’s important to stay hydrated and take some light foods with you to eat in between so that you and your infant inside won’t feel hungry. Eat before you are hungry, and then drink until you become thirsty.
It’s also important to speak with your gynecologist until you choose a national or worldwide trip to go over security variables for you and your infant.